Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another wonderful "first" for Ava!!!


Or should I say, not so wonderful first! I'm giving Ava a bath (I'm sure all you mothers know what is coming...) and talking to Melissa (my sister) on the phone when in the corner of my eye I see Ava about to put something dark into her mouth!!! Oh yes, she did her first poop in the tub and almost ate it!!! Mind you, I was sitting right in front of the tub, just not paying attention to every thing she was doing. I would have been there to catch her had she slid or something, but the poop happened quietly. I start grabbing at Ava and telling Melissa whats happening all the while laughing about it. Poor Ava was freaked out by me yanking her out of the tub and I had to hang up on my sis. What fun, and the tub is still sitting there dirty waiting for my wonderful hubby to return from Scouts to clean it. I would, but I've had a nasty cold all day and only had enough energy to give her the bath, not scrub the tub! Gotta love babies!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

OOHH MAN! That is too funny! You are a lucky one to have experienced that. I am not so lucky just yet. I'm sure the time will come soon enough though. That pic of Ava is super cute though. How could you not laugh... :)

Janell H. said...

It was that mother's intuition kicking in and you looked and reacted just in time!!!! OMG what a relief that it didn't make it into her mouth!!! That would be so hard to clean!!!
Hope you feel better soon :)