Saturday, January 9, 2010

A new year, a new decade...

Oh wow, it's 2010!
My marriage makes it to 10 years next month.....
I turn 30 in November, ahhhhhh......
5 year anniversary in our house in February.....
Hmmm, what else???
I'm not a great keeper of resolutions, so I typically don't make any official ones.
But this year, my only goal is .......
To get approved to ADOPT a child!!!!
That's all I want to accomplish this year for sure, of course I'd like to get healthier. But that is kind of my turning 30 goal; to loose most the weight I gained in my 20's (thank you infertility) and be able to more fully enjoy my 30's fit & healthy!!!
My poor heart keeps wavering between trying to adopt an infant through LDS Family Services or Foster-to-Adopt through the State. Many pros and cons to each way, I need to do a lot more praying for direction I think.
Good luck to all of you on your New Year Resolutions (if you are brave enough to make them w/out fear of failure like me)!!!!

5 comments:

The Valley Family said...

I would love for our girls to get together. As for new year resolutions, nope don't make any official ones either. Hope all is well. Would love to hang out and see you guys

Audra said...

That is an AWESOME new year's resolution. I am so excited for you! Keep us updated on the process. I would love to hear the ins and outs and the ups and downs. I think you and great and deserve and bigger family that you desire. Prayers and hugs!

Diana said...

OK let's get healthy together! I so need a motivator since I too am somewhat lazy. I am so excited for you to get another family member as well. I will pray extra hard for you guys... and try to convince Grayson that kids are the best! I am getting restless!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

I should get you in touch with my friend because she is going through the exact same thing.

Heather G. said...

You'll be in our prayers for adoption whichever you choose...I know, crazy that we turn the big 3-0 this year! Yikes. SO I blew it two days this week with being sick...Good luck to you with all your hopes and dreams this year!