Wednesday, November 17, 2010

All smiles!

I never load the pics right, so we'll just start with a reason NOT to smile over.
Notice the chin??? Lovely, huh? This is what happens after Mommy warns you
10 times to stay away from the oven and all things hot. I told her to stay back and she
walks up and rests her chin right on the cookie sheet I just removed from the oven!!!
Christmas pics will have to wait now!
But here's a reason to smile!
She's so dang smiley now, we just love it.

Most her pics have spit-up splattered all over her shirt, she's quite the spitter.

Mya @ 2 months
Have to document the growth of chub, the thighs are starting to roll.

Too sweet. Just checking out the entertainment.

Which would be Ava and Daddy dancing around the living room.

Ava and her favorite playmate, Daddy.

Precious.

Playing at the park.


Mya is doing AWESOME at sleeping through the night, normally from 10-10:30pm to 6:30-7am. Last night she woke at 3:30, but that hasn't happened in awhile. Her afternoon naps are all over the place and we can't get her to sleep much before 10pm. But I'll take what I can get. Ava on the other hand, rarely sleeps through the night....which is driving me CRAZY!!! She'll either wake up crying or just walk into our room. We always take her back to her bed, but takes a couple times for her to stay.
I go back to work in less than a week, on the 23rd. I'm surprisingly excited! I know, I know. I should be happy being home with my girls, but I'm not used to it. I don't know what to do with a 3 year old all day, every day. 3 days a week is a good break for us. Plus, I had all these things I wanted to accomplish while home, but I get unmotivated and end up doing nothing with my spare time. Working keeps me motivated with my time at home. Kudos to those who can be a SAHM, but I'm not sure I'm cut out for it.
And in a week from today..... I turn 30!!!!! Ugh! Though I'm looking forward to my 30's being happier times than my 20's were (or I'm just hoping they are).
If I don't post again soon, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!







7 comments:

Rachel said...

and you say Ava usually wont smile for pictures?.... I think she is cured! She is so smiley! I love it! Gorgoeus smiles on your girls!

SWILUA said...

I think there's probably more of us not-cut-out-to-be-a-SAHM than we usually admit. Oh, well. I think we all rock no matter how we do our mothering. xoxo

Janell H. said...

You are doing such a fabulous job with this blog! Mya's thigh rolls are great, keep those pics coming!

Tracy said...

Trish, you and Jeremy seem to have everything in control now and getting used to having 2 children. You are a great parents, and no matter what you do, at home or at work, at the end of the day, your kids know you love them and that is the most important thing you can teach them. You are doing great!! Love you~

Diana said...

You are too funny. I too tend to sit on my butt most of the day before finding enough motivation to move. I guess with two jobs now that butt will be moving a lot more and a lot faster. Yippee for one sleeping girl!

Jill and Travis said...

Yay Mya for sleeping through the night. Neither of my children sleep thruogh the night yet, but I am lazy and just let Ethan sleep on a sleeping bag on our floor instead of trying to fight him back into his room. Ava will get it soon, I bet. Cute pictures! Looking at your girls always makes me happy!

Maren B said...

I"m so glad for you that Mya is sleeping through the night! Stay strong with Ava and she will get that it's not worth getting up after a while. Hope Mya keeps it up :).