Monday, November 29, 2010

Birthday, Thanksgiving, & photo shoot...

Can you tell what that says??? 30!!! (My Mommy made that for me!)
Yep, I'm 3 decades old now.
My birthday was the day before Thanksgiving and my hubby took me
out to P.F. Chang's, my fav! It seriously took us a half hour to eat and then we just went to get the kids. Kind of lame on our part, but oh well. And he feels bad that he couldn't
think of one thing to get me, so he told me to go spend some money, which I've done just a little of. With Christmas soon, I feel guilty spending too much.
Then Thanksgiving morning we headed up to feast with my Mom & stepdad, Grandparents,
Uncle & family, and brother Brian and fam. We had 19 people total, I think.
Good food, good times!!!

And it snowed in WA a couple days before, so pretty.
(We NEVER have pics of us together! So I made sure my Mom took one)


The snowman! Jeremy and my twin cousins, Jess & Josh.

Poor freezing girl. I hadn't bought her snow gear yet, so she was in a sweater jacket and knit gloves and sneakers. But she had fun!




My Mom & Mya
Isn't that baby so dang cute??? :)

Speaking of cute, here she is again. I attempted a photo shoot with
the girls before church yesterday, with them in their new Christmas clothes.
Ya, my camera is just a lame regular digital one, not the greatest.
But I'm not ready to spend money on formal pics yet, got to recover from
inadequate funds while on maternity leave.

Ava was a gem, as usual.
I did get a couple cute ones, which I put on our Christmas card
and didn't post here. Had to bribe that kid the whole five minutes it took.


She did everything opposite of what I told her to do.
But she's still beautiful!

"Haha, I'm a goof"
Now I get to play the single parent card for the next three weeks. Jeremy is in Seattle training, which is good because we get to go up on the weekends when I'm not working. It could have been somewhere much farther, where I couldn't go. I'm going to have to pull out my "Super Mom" that is somewhere within me! Thankfully, Ava was pretty dang good today during all the errands we had to run. I'm just counting down to Friday, that means that the RS Dinner (church, womens dinner) I'm in charge of on Thursday night will be over.....it's stressing me out!










7 comments:

Janell H. said...

Ava looks so dang cute in that red dress!!! She sure looks like trouble, though...must take after he mom :)
Yay for 30!!! The 30s have been a blast so far for me :)

Audra said...

Good luck with your dinner and take care of yourself - Super Mom. You can do it, but you still need to take care of YOU! Love ya.

SWILUA said...

welcome to your thirties, kid! xo

Melissa said...

Ava is definitely your child. You always loved to make funny faces in pictures when you were in high school. The lip puckering one made me think of that. I hope all goes well while you are being supermom. I know you can do it! Call me if you need an adult to talk to!

Korrie said...

I think their pictures came out pretty good. ;-) I love the "30" cupcakes. Your mom did a cute job and PF Chang's sounds good. At least you were able to get out of the house for at least a half an hour and do something just for you.

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

yeah it is Friday! How did it go? Call me when you need a break. You are such a strong mom to be with out Jeremy for so long!

Diana said...

Your girlies are adorable and Ava's pics made me laugh out loud! You are such a trooper!! The RS dinner was amazing! You did an fabulous job...call me seriously when you need help. My two jobs don't seem to be taking much of my time lately!