Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh Christmas time, oh Christmas time!

I'm so behind on the past 2 weeks, not that anything that spectacular has occured, well except CHRISTMAS!
But the week before, Ava work up tuesday at 1 am and lost her stomach contents many times. Daddy got to stay home tues & wed to watch her, no way was I going to let that spread to others. But Daddy came down sick Wed. night, followed by me Thursday morning. Thankfully he bounced back fast and took care of all of us. It totally wiped me out until about Monday, I was just weak and depleted. Mya has some irregular bowels and screamed bloody murder Monday night for about an hour, poor girl. Now Ava and I have a chest cough we are getting over. Hate the sickness that comes with this season. But let's move on to happier times.
We went to WA on Christmas Eve. Mya got to meet her Uncle Andrew, which was priceless. He picked her up and she just stared at him in shock. Then she gave him the biggest pouty lip ever, my mom has the pics, I need them!
Christmas morning: Ava runs to the presents, finds a little chair and gets all excited about it. Then I coax her to the big present, a kid's kitchen. She loved it. Then she ripped through all her presents in record time, there was no slowing her down. We had to guard our own gifts from her. It was a great time.
No time to look at the camera, got to open another gift now.

Andrew, Melissa and Bill getting covered in gifts.

Bill and the Elders. My parents have the missionaries from our church living with them right now. Ava has a MAJOR crush on them! One day we had to keep her from going into her room and following them everywhere. They'd go in the kitchen, she'd stand by the fridge and just stare them down. They'd sit on the couch, she'd go sit between them. Man, she's only 3 and already crushing on boys, we're in trouble!


I had to take my own pic. Like my scarf/apron combo?

Aunt Lissa "The Grinch" with Mya & Ava, all in footie jammies!

Sassing off someone on the phone, typical Ava. Love the apron. My Mom made Ava and I matching aprons, so cute. My Mom is getting super creative in her crafty gift giving and I think it's awesome, loved all I got.


My Mom "Grandma" & Mya
I feel bad for her. She worked hard all weekend and I would have normally helped out a ton more, but I could barely stand for 30 seconds. We love you Mom!

Mya smiling at Aunt Lissa.

Aunt Lissa & her lover boy, Andy
Andy dared to come meet us all on Christmas, he lives in Utah. He's in school to be a Pharmacist, hence the shirt! It appears we didn't scare him off yet, or at least I haven't heard so far. We enjoyed getting to know him and trying to embarass Melissa.
And that was our weekend, it turned out great and we loved being with Family for Christmas.
Happy New Year to all of you!










3 comments:

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

I am glad that the stomach bug is over. Being sick is the worst!! I am glad you guys had fun!

Heather G. said...

Looks like everyone got some great stuff! Congrats to your sister! Pharmacist, nice!

Melissa said...

Trish, it was so good to see you all. I'm sorry you didn't feel well the whole time. I really love spending Christmas with my family. You all are the best! Love ya!