Monday, October 13, 2008
If I were only my Mom....
So I spent part of my day covered in frosting...and am now suffering a serious sugar headache from sampling such frosting! I've been obsessing over making Ava's 1st birthday cake perfect! I searched the internet for pictures of what I had in mind and flipped through a few cake books to perfect my image. Well, I'm no pro! My mom always made these fabulous cakes for our Birthdays when we were younger, and I just want to be able to do that for my kids. I'm not including a picture yet, you'll have to wait till after Ava's birthday a week from this Friday (24th), but I think it turned out cute~~even with a few flaws! Jeremy wasn't very helpful in making me feel good about it, but what does he know anyway??? Can't wait to show you all, but gotta wait a week and a half. Now if my head would stop pounding.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
my mom was great with birthdays, too.
we try to do good birthdays here, but we buy the cakes from Sam's club. we all have our own talents, right? ;-)
It will turn out just fine. It usually takes a few times and errors before you get it just right. With Connor's cake, it took me all day to finish it and even then, it had some flaws. I can empathize with the sugar headaches.....
Post a Comment