There it is, the cake I stressed over for a couple weeks! I think it turned out cute, though dopey looking. Well, it didn't taste so great. I made the cake from scratch (some book said that was better for decorating) and it turned out dry. My brother said "at least the frosting was good!" Oh well, better luck next time. Ava didn't seem to notice, she got down business and started munching away. She'll eat ANYTHING you put in front of her, so I knew she'd try it.
It was a great party w/ all my mom's sibling (8 of them) and some of their spouses there as well, including my Grandparents and my Brother and his family. Ava got lots of fun presents, I think she's overwhelmed w/ what to play with first.
On saturday my Brother & his fam and my gang went to a Pumpkin Patch. You miss out on these fun things growing up in CA desert and Vegas. There are sooooo many places to choose from, they are all over OR. Anyway, we found a fun one and got go on a hayride and catapult pumpkins and pick out our own pumpkin. It was great!
3 comments:
Trish that is a cute cake!! I'm so proud of you for making it from scratch! Your such a good mom! At least your daughter actually ate some! :)
OMGOSH! SO CUTE! Love the cake. Awesome party!
Gosh, she looks sooo pretty in those pictures!!! I can't believe how much she looks like a girl now instead of a baby!! The cake is adorable, who cares if it was dry. What a nice mommy you are to make a big cake like that from scratch!!
Post a Comment