Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Girly craft!

So some of my blogger buddies have been showing off their fun crafts lately, I wanted to join in on the fun! I've been looking and trying to come up w/ a way to hold all Ava's cute hair clips- finally I scanned the homemade stuff on etsy.com and came up w/ an idea. I bought the cheap board at Micheal's, along w/ the "A" and Princess crown. They also had $1 ribbon there. A little painting and glue gunning and wallahhh....a clip hanger! My next craft is making some frames w/ scrapping paper & mod podge- my sis made some cute ones and even gave one to Jeremy for Fathers' Day.

As for current events, I've been released from my duties as Nursery Leader in Church. I was sad, I'll miss all the little, crazy toddlers... but I'm on to being the Enrichment Chair person (not exactly sure of the title name). To all the non-LDS followers of mine, it means I'm in charge of the Quarterly activities that are just for the women of the church. I do have committee members to boss around (not that I'm capable of bossing) and help me out. Should be interesting, plus I haven't attended Relief Society for more than a combined year since I become of age to be in it. I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge beyond Primary level, cause that's where it's about at!
Otherwise, we are in the heart of BERRY season. Our Marionberry vines are MASS producing this year. I've made a marionberry crisp and oat bars w/ them and still have a few gallon size bags in the freezer and TONS more on the vine still. Plus we picked 2 ice cream pails of Raspberries last saturday. Ava is LOVING it all! Good times in Summer!

6 comments:

Heather G. said...

Your craft is awesome! You're so domestic now! Have fun planning women's activities! hee hee! Can't wait to see more of your awesome crafting skills!

Audra said...

Love the clip holder. I am jealous of the berries. Don't grow so well here. Nursery ROCKS, too bad you got released. Have fun with the old ladies!

Janell H. said...

What are marionberries???
Your clip holder is really really cute.
Wow, that is cool you will get to boss people around, that is my favorite thing to do, ha aha hahahaah.

Korrie said...

Lucky, when they released me from being nursery leader, after 3 years I was called to Relief Society Newsletter Coordinator. The toddlers were easier to deal with. :-) I am so jealous about the berries. You know, that stuff just doesn't grow well here and I love marion berries. I may just have to move to get a decent garden going......

Sarah said...

Really cute Trisha! Can't wait to see your next project :)

Heather G. said...

Hey Trish,
I have a fun and silly blogger award for you! When you get a chance check out my Gofita's Pages blog, which you can link to from my other blog!