Okay, I'm soooo not my Mom when it comes to talents- she's amazing! But I'm trying to learn, that's how it starts, right? So Jeremy gave me a sewing machine a couple Christmas' ago and I've attempted a few things. So far the only ones that have turned out good was a baby sleep bag (has arms and just a big opening for baby's body and zips up) that I made for my niece and this dress Ava has on. It was a little harder than I should have tried, but it turned out pretty dang cute, I'm shocked w/ myself!!! The machine is lucky to still be in one piece, many times I've been tempted to chuck it at the wall--not too mention a few bad words have slipped my lips. Then last night I made my first hair clip to match her outfit, pretty cute too I must say, though I have a big blister on my finger from the hot glue gun!


And if all that crafting wasn't enough, I'm making two scrapbook frames today. We might do them for a Super Saturday at church. Which leads me to ask all you fellow crafters out there, I need some ideas for our Super Saturday. Any good holiday (Fall/Christmas) ideas, or just something fun & cute???? I'm so not going to be good at this calling (Enrichment Leader), still wondering WHY I was called. I've got lots to learn-I'm such a procrastinator.

Ava was crafting w/ playdough tonight while I was making my frames. I'm amazed at how long it kept her content. Though she is LOVING having Daddy home to play with, she even got upset and made him sit by her while she ate her Ice Cream tonight. Jer was just trying to watch some football. Very much a Daddy's Girl!

Speaking of which, she trailed Daddy around the garden yesterday while he finally got to work out there. Dad hooked her up w/ some raw corn and she chowed away, she LOVES corn on the cob.

Yummy, Yum!
8 comments:
Wow, look you all domesticated! That dress is so cute and beautiful! Great job. I am not crafty at all and have no desire to be so I'm sorry I have no suggestions for you for ideas! I'm sure you'll get some fantabulous ideas though!
sorry, I meant ...look at you all domesticated!
WOW! Love the dress. CUTE. I think you are very talented.
Don't have any crafty ideas for you, but my ward loves those vinyl letter projects. We have done some on the glass picture frames or on tile. They are easy and turn out great. We even did a kids' height chart with a piece of wood, stain, and vinyl numbers. EASY. It looks like a extra larte ruler. GOOD LUCK!
That dress is so dang cute!! I'm proud of you! i couldn't do that. What cute pictures of her too... playing in the flowers! What a sweetheart! So more clothes in the works...? or do you need a break. :)
Love the dress!! Way to go, Trish!
You win my vote for cutest dress! That turned out so nice...my first attempts are non existence when it comes to my sewing machines. Maybe we could do a sewing Super Saturday but I do like making scrap frames. I just love crafting and I think you will do great at this calling. I have been in YM 9 months now and I still wonder what I am doing there!
Way to go! The dress is adorable, so it goes great with Ava. I'm excited to see how your frames turn out! I'll let you know if I think of any other craft for y'all to do. Love ya!
That's pretty big for a first project. Way to go. If you can make clothes I think you can make anything. I'm glad your hubby is back I know all about that.
Post a Comment