Monday, July 5, 2010

CRATER LAKE-OREGON

On our LONG drive home from NV (see last post), we decided to go a different way home and see Crater Lake. I've been, but Melissa hasn't, so we went.
And it is still BEAUTIFUL!!!

And last time I went, there wasn't snow around it, so it was a different view.
Oh my, haha! My Sis was posing, so I hopped up there too and struck a pose.
Not too sexy though!


There is the real poser. :)



Silly little girl! And no, she isn't cold. It actually felt great up there even though
my car temp said 50 degrees.




Soooo very blue and awesome! This was a volcano that erupted 7,700 something years ago and then filled with water from snow runoff and continues to replenish itself. I wanted to do the boat ride around the lake (the only boat allowed in), but it's a difficult climb to the bottom and back up, not happening in my state.





Ava hugging her baby sis!






And lets not forget the ride home, Ava worked along time to get it on her head, then she fell asleep! Cute girl, she was a real trooper!








6 comments:

Audra said...

WOW! Amazing pics. I think that is so beautiful. WOW!

Rachel said...

wow that is a a totally gorgeous place!!! Your pictures are amazing! Doesn't even look real. How breathtaking. It looks silent and peaceful there! I love the pic of Ava hugging your tummy! super cute!!

Janell H. said...

Holy cow, awesome pictures! My favorite is the one with you posing :)

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

SO GORGEOUS!!! I want to go!!! Don't worry you look adorable posing your stuff!

Tracy said...

Love the pictures - they are AMAZING! Who knew?! I would love to go there some time - so pretty!!!

Diana said...

Oh Ava is just adorable! Crater lake is awesome...I learned something too! I always thought crater lake was formed when the moon broke off of the earth and into the sky...jk! I thought there was a huge asteroid that crash landed and killed the dinos! Thanks for the info!!