Sunday, September 5, 2010

We are home...now a family of FOUR!!!

Mya on Day 2 of life! Isn't she just precious, we could kiss her for hours.

Big Sister Ava loves to snuggle Mya, not always so gently.
Close supervision will always be a must with Ava & Mya, at least will she's this small.
Oh my, just love her!


Hmm, think they are related?


This was taken right before we left, 1st time I did my hair or make-up in 3 days!!! With Ava I got beautiful the next day, but after almost passing out in the shower on Day 2, I gave up on how I looked until I could function better.




She loves to sleep this way, so comfy on Mommy.





Welcome Home!
Jake was just as excited as everyone else, she got a few good licks from that dog.

Boppies are the best invention, couldn't live without one.

1st go at tummy time! Ava couldn't let Mya have all the fun, so she spread out her own blanket and joined the party on the floor.


Then she had to size up her babies next to Mya, already practicing how to share. Just don't touch Ava's blanket, she's never sharing that! Even at the hospital a nurse commented on Ava's blanket and she grabbed and declared "this is MY blankie."
As for sleep, she's doing GREA T during the day, hard to wake her sometimes to eat. But the last 2 nights at home have been a struggle. I think I was up with her from 1:30am to 5am, then she finally fell asleep in her carseat and I slept on the couch until 7am when Ava woke up. Oh how I've been looking forward to this! :) Otherwise, she's a keeper!
My cousin Audra last commented that she couldn't wait to hear more of Mya's birth story, so here goes, you asked for it! Tuesday the 31st we arrived bright and early at 5:30 am. Got my I.V. hooked up, vitals taken and took some NASTY anti-nausea med. They wheeled me into the O.R. just before 7:30 am, where the anestheologiest (can't spell right now) administered my Spinal injection. Instantly nerve pain shot down my left leg and kept throbbing, she re-adjusted the needle, but it took a good couple of minutes to stop hurting. Then I layed down, and started to feel the numbness creep up my legs. Eventually the doctor came in and they let Jeremy come back as well. Then before I knew it, they were slicing me open and within a couple minutes I heard the sweet cries of Baby Mya. Jeremy got to take some pics right after she was out and then I got a quick peek before they took her to get cleaned up. At one point I looked over and saw that the scaled read 8lbs 10oz, I asked if that was seriously her weight, I was shocked. After having a 10lb 12oz baby, I didn't imagine I'd ever get an 8 pounder!!! Then my anesth. doc asked if I felt sick at all, well like a second later I could taste bile in my mouth and just started vomitting. Disgusting! I think it happened 2 or 3 more times while I was still being operated on. It took a total of an hour or so from start to finish for the C-section.
I won't tell you all about the 1st day, as my memory is fuzzy. But I lost my stomach a few more times. At dinner time I was feeling good and they made me get out of bed and sit in the rocker to eat my jello and broth. But just when the nurse came back to ask how my food was sitting, I barfed it all back up for her. Pleasant, I know. The next day brought on the challenge of getting out of bed, they removed my blessed catheter and helped me to the toilet. After sitting there a minute I went totally flush and almost fell over. The nurse got me back to bed and it took me a few minutes to recover fully. I tried again later, not too bad, just a little dizzy. Then I decided to take a shower at 5pm because I stunk from all that barfing. I sat on the stool in the shower and got all clean, then had to tell Jeremy to get me dressed fast because I was about to pass out again. He did a good job helping out, I felt just awful though. Got into bed to re-coup and decided that was all I could do for the day. The next day was much better, made 3 trips out of my room and in the hallways. No more dizziness or nausea and I was eating like a pig. Everyday has been better, still pretty sore and hard to stand up straight, but I might be able to go for a short walk today, we'll see. Sorry for the yucky details and my non-exciting writing abilities. But besides all the yucky stuff, just hanging out and holding this precious newborn has been the best. We feel so very blessed to have been given this 2nd miracle baby!










14 comments:

Korrie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. It's a wonderful story, unfortunately yucky stuff happens but it's all totally worth it in the end. I love all the picts of the baby and Ava together. You can definitely tell they're related. ;-) Take it easy and rest when ever you can (I know that's hard now especially since there's two schedules to work around)

Tracy said...

Wow, I love all of those pictures of the family with Mya!! You look so happy and yes, there is a resemblance of Mya and Jeremy - so cute! Ava looks so happy to finally have a real baby to take care of. You now have 2 sweet, precious little girls, both are such blessings and miracles! We are so happy for all of you (:

Melissa said...

I love the pictures. You all look so cute! I'm sorry you had to feel so sick, but look at what you brought into this world! She is so adorable! It's been great to talk to you daily! I hope you start getting sleep soon. I love that Ava's smiles look more natural now. She must be so happy to have a little sister. I know I love being your little sister. They are going to be the best of friends with occasional fights!

Shanda said...

Trisha, you are looking GORGEOUS! It is so not fair for you to be a glowing beauty 3 days after just having a baby!
Baby Mya is also a gorgeous beauty, I cannot wait to get my hands on that little sweetie!

Chris Workman said...

When I first saw the baby I said, "she looks just like Trisha did when she was born!" I later brought pictures back of newborn Trisha, and she agreed! Trisha, she is beautiful and has a darling big sister and a lovely mother and handsome father!! Thanks for letting me share your joy!

Rachel said...

I love the pics! What a gorgeous baby!! :)

Stephanie said...

She is sooooo cute! I love that Jake wanted to welcome her too! =D

Janell H. said...

Oh wow, Trish, after all the barfing and stuff how do you look so freakin' fabulous in those pictures?!?! Amazing!!! Congrats on your two BEAUTIFUL daughters!!! Can't wait to read about the continuing adventures of Ava and Mya!

Audra said...

That is the cutest baby! LOVE IT!

Maren B said...

Hope it keeps getting better from here-- no more barfing! Thanks for the whole story, though-- that was interesting. Hope Mya doesn't keep you up too much more! Keep fighting the good waketime/sleeptime fight!

Jill and Travis said...

So glad you are home now and things are going well. I asked Ava about her baby at chuch and she got so excited--it was too cute! Loved the pictures, too! Call if you need anything!!!

Diana said...

Yippeee! Oh I am so happy for you all!!!

Heather G. said...

Congrats, Trish and Jer! She's beautiful! I'll give you a call this weekend and see how things are going! Love the pics and you look fantastic!

dkkemp said...

Oh, she's beautiful! I love her dark hair! I hope you're feeling better every day!