Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bring on the food! (and some crafts)


Jeremy has been so excited to try solid foods with Mya, not sure why, I'm not too anxious for her to grow up or to have to feed her 3 seperate meals and breastfed with it! I came home from getting my haircut to find this little monster smacking on oatmeal. The faces she made where awesome and she kept gagging on it too. Got some good video!

Why oatmeal Daddy? The next day she seemed to take to the rice a little better.


Pure torture!



So I have this jewelry box where I just put my necklaces in, but then they end up all tangled together in one giant clump. My sister looked online for some ideas and I realized how easy it would be just to make something cut to hang them on. I made each of the girls one for their pretty bracelets (thanks to Aunt Shanda) and play jewelry.


They turned out pretty cute. And my nice hubby cute some wood for me and even made the edges look all good, then even sanded them for me after I gave him a look that said "that's part of your job honey." I sooo miss crafting, something I haven't been able to juggle much with having two little kiddos and no room to do it. Fun stuff.

12 comments:

Trisha said...

I should proof read better, the first "cut" should be cute and then there is a "cute" that should be cut. I'm lame.

Melissa said...

Um, where is the bib, Jeremy? I hope the pjs I gave Mya came clean after spitting up that oatmeal. Trish, I love your necklace holders. I need to blog about the one I made as well. Crafting is so much fun!

Sarah said...

Trisha - Mya is getting so big. Is it just me or does she look a lot like Ava? Your projects turned out really cute! Don't worry, when Mya gets older you'll have more time for fun stuff. It's finding the time with three that's hard! But when it's stuff we love we always manage to squeeze it in somewhere :)

SWILUA said...

I love those necklace holders! Mine are just hanging on some ugly 3M hooks from WalMart. I'll have to look into teaching hubby how to cut wood for me. (Did that sound dirty? It sounded dirty to me. I didn't mean it that way.)

Tracy said...

Those turned out really cute and so much better than what I use that is hidden in the closet! They are such cute displays! Keep up the good work and keep sharing your cute ideas!!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

That is great that you were able to craft! they look great! Mya also is great too!

Tracy said...

P.S. Mya has gotten so big and I hope that I get to see (meet) her sometime this year!

Janell H. said...

Hey I have that same scrapbook paper, how funny! I love being organized, I am a huge nerd. I see I'm not the only one :)

Korrie said...

Those are so cute and what a great idea.

Diana said...

Grand idea! The whole crafting more I mean. The necklace holders turned out great. I so need something like that cause I bought all the expensive jewellery and it still sits in the boxes they came with. MUST.CRAFT.MORE!

dkkemp said...

Oh my goodness! Those are so cute! I wish I had that crafty bone in my body! You're awesome! And you're girls are so dang adorable!

Jill and Travis said...

Good work! Those hangers turned out so cute! Poor Mya, she looks miserable. At least he didn't feed her peas!
BTW: Ava's A's have inspired Ethan to start writing letters. She is so clever!