Monday, May 23, 2011

Goodbye, so long!!!

So over the weekend someone decided to take our beloved car of 7 years from our driveway. We were in a little shock to not find it there Saturday morning, since we usually park it in the garage. But Jeremy's side of the garage was occupied by a handcart, built for a Pioneer trek for the youth at church. We had been trying to contact the guy in charge for over a week to come pick it up, so I blame the church! Kidding, that would be get struck to hell. But Jeremy has always been paranoid about leaving our cars in the driveway at night, ever since we got a garage anyways. The other part of the story happened Friday around 5:30pm, when Jeremy got in his car where it was parked at the light-rail station (he rides that in to downtown Portland for work). He felt like his seat was moved back and adjusted differently, but saw that nothing was missing, so blew it off....hmmmm..


Thankfully we didn't have to wait forever to find out about it...Jeremy got a call this morning...car has been found and has been burned. So I pick him up and we go get a release form from the Sheriff's office, then head out to the towing yard.

Ummm, WOW! I thought maybe just a little burned inside, but not TORCHED!

It was found on some rural farming street, they probably dropped it off, took off the wheels and then torched it and fled. Nice!




Maybe we shouldn't share so much with Ava, I believe she now thinks there are TONS of bad guys out there. She had a good cry after I told her the bad guys burned our car. Her main concern was over her new booster seat and some books/toys that were left. Of course Jeremy had to tell her that and remind her not leaving her stuff in our cars, nice Dad!

Now we wait for our insurance to do their thing and see what we can get. Being that it's 13 years old, who knows. But Nissan's are great cars and hold value pretty well. And they'll cover the car seats that we lost. Not thrilled about having to find another car. Jeremy hardly drives anyways, just to the light rail station and a couple times a week to tax-payers offices. So he's not getting anything fancy and new. That's life, right? People can be so dumb and retarded, but that's not going to change anytime soon!








6 comments:

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Holy Cow! Your right it was torched! That makes me sick to my stomach. I also feel so silly getting upset when our window was broken to steal our CD player in our car. If you need your CD player back for your new rig just let us know!

Michelle said...

Wooooooooow. Good night! I can't believe this happened to you, oh Gresham. So ghetto :) Hope you are well!!

Janell H. said...

NO WAY!! Those pics really say it all!! What were those bad guys thinking?? Why add insult to injury--isn't it enough that they stole it? I'm so sorry! At least he doesn't need that car to get from A to B like other people do, so you guys aren't in a bind. Hope you get lots of money from the insurance co!

Sarah said...

Oh.my.goodness. I am so sorry! What are the chances, right? Good luck getting everything worked out. Mya is growing up! I thought she looked a lot like Ava as a newborn, it's fun to see her getting her own look. She's adorable. Thanks for your sweet note, by the way. It was nice to hear from you.

Heather G. said...

Holy jelly bellies! I can't believe someone took your car from your driveway! Yikes! I'm a little to be livin' up here in EM, UT! Whoa. And they torched it???? wow. So sorry, guys. Glad you got some insurance money for the car and can get a semi-decent one. Wow. We're missing out on all the fun up there...;)

Heather G. said...

correction...I'm a little bit happy to be...My brain is just lame.