Saturday, August 20, 2011

Road Trip: Part 2: Arizona!

Cali was great for a week, but we had a whole other week of adventures!

Next stop: Northern Arizona, near Payson. Grandma's Cabin.

I have not been here since we moved to Oregon 7 years ago and I've soooo missed it.

Parker (my cuz Janell's son), Addie (cuz Rachel's girl) & Ava

Ava loved playing with her new friend.
Cousin Rachel and Baby Boy!

Besides seeing my Grandma, this was what I wanted to do there, ride her ATV!

Ava did NOT want to ride, but we threw her on, shoved some fruit snacks in her mouth, and away they went. Down the rode we heard her laughing, silly kid. She gets so scared sometimes.

Then I took a ride and when I came back she wanted to go, then ran away, but we got her on again. She kept telling me to go really slow, saying that's good enough Mom, no faster. I am kind of a chicken riding it on the trails, my brothers and boy cousins would be so ashamed of my speed. But it's still so fun!

My brother Andrew came up for the day (he's going to school in Prescott, AZ). Ava wouldn't go with him, but was willing to sit for a picture.

Nice, huh? My cousin Rob hit & killed a deer on his way to the cabin.

Thankfully no one was hurt, except his BMW and the deer.

My family & Grandma Flick

We love her to pieces!

Back on the rode again.

With all that driving and not much to do, Mya taught herself peek-a-boo.

It was soooo cute!

We arrived at the cabin on Sat, Aug 6th and left Monday morning. Too short, but still worth it.

My Aunt's family was there because they were going to visit my Uncle's grandparents in Mesa, so it was a full house with 15 people to fit in. But it was great to see them all in one place. And Andrew came for all of Sunday, so we got to catch up with him.

Next post.....Vegas Baby!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I miss the cabin. I'm glad you got to go. I love riding the ATV, however, I only have memories of getting injured on it.

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Yeah the car looks pretty bad! The cabin looks like a blast!

Jill and Travis said...

Haha, "Thankfully no one was hurt, except his BMW and the deer." That made me laugh. Love the stories and pictures from your trip. Keep 'em coming!