Okay, so I know we are lame, but we haven't been on a date without Ava since before her birth.....almost a year ago! I've been saying we should find a sitter for awhile, but Jer didn't see a reason because Ava did so well when we went out to eat. That is until she learned to scream for food if I don't feed her fast enough, so Jer finally agread! Friday night we had a girl from church come watch Ava and we went to a dinner movie theather type of place. There are of few of these places around Oregon, they are a group of buildings with different resturants, bars, pool tables, and a movie theater where you watch slightly older movies (ones you can't rent yet though) and dinner is brought to you. Its really cool. The place is all done up weird w/ its artwork and paintings, can't really describe it well. The company actually brews ale, needless to say the bars were pretty packed when we left the place. We saw "Get Smart" which I thought was hilarious, though I was expecting it to be lame. Anywho, Ava did awesome and the sitter has agreed to come back someday...hooray!!! It was weird leaving her, but I didn't worry, Ava is an easy baby when all you have to do is play with her. But then Sunday she came down with a cold, thanks to some snot nose in daycare thursday, thats life though! She still smiles, even with snot running down her face, should have snapped a picture. Here are some cute pics of her taken Friday, she's so photogenic, even strikes a pose for me sometimes.
6 comments:
Andrew and I haven't really dated much since having kids. We try to when our parents come into town or we go visit them. And now with a new baby we are, or I am back to square one. When you find a good sitter hang on tight. I'm glad to hear that you got out though. I bet you kind of missed her!
She is so darling! I know all about dates. Donald and I haven't been on one either. Too bad for the cold. Thanks not any fun!
Date nights are great! Glad it worked out. Here's to another one next week!
What a sweet baby! I love how she holds leg up from the grass... Addie did that for awhile too. Sure seems like our girls do alot of things similarly. Well after all they are related and only 2 mths apart. Congrats on your date night!! I can't beleive you waited so long. But it's true.. if the baby is good --might as well just bring her along and have family time!
How did your date night go ;-)
we still haven't been babyless, and yeah it's been about a year now. we just tried to go out for our anniversary, it didn't work! Maybe next anniversary:(
Post a Comment