It takes alot of work to get her happy enough to smile though.
For those that don't know the book "Babywise", it's all about getting your baby on a routine and getthing them to sleep well. So this is me stressed out, trying to find out what to do with my child. You can't see her screaming face, but the arched back says it all! We've knicked named her "Cranky Pants", while Ava is now called "Sassy Pants". We're in trouble!
Mya's trying to get revenge and eat Ava up!
Life over here is a bit stressful right now. Mya is proving to be quite the cranky baby and likes to spend most the evening fussing and crying, sometimes until 12 or 1 am. It's reallly frustrating! Especially since most nights I end up sleeping on the couch with her in the swing. I know this is only going to make sleep training harder, but what else can I do? I'm trying to cut dairy because she spits up alot and has lots of gas, and I think it's helped some. Oh but I miss real ice cream! But we still love her and can't wait to get past these first couple of months!!!
As for Ava....she's POTTY TRAINED!!!! Jeremy was off for another two weeks and finally put Ava in panties. She had one potty accident and one near #2 accident. Only problem is she'll back up her system for a few days at a time until her tummy really hurts, then she'll go and be so proud of herself. She's even waking up most mornings dry and at nap times. So Awesome!!!!Can't believe she'll be 3 in just over week! We keep talking about her birthday and having a party. So everytime we go shopping she grabs toys or candy and declare "I need this for my birthday." She even learned how to hold up just 3 fingers to show people her soon to be age. She still loves her sister a little too much, but gets mad when she's told to back away and let her breath some. It's a battle everyday. We still love her too, though she makes me want to pull my hair out multiple times a day.
The rest of us (Jer & I) are just plain surviving. We did recently find out that Jeremy's upcoming 3-week training for work will be in SEATTLE and not CA or some other far away place. I'm quite nervous about it though, because it's right after Thanksgiving that he goes there and that's the same time I go back to work. It's going to be rough, but we'll spend my long weekends up there in his plush hotel with him. But at least we'll get to see him!
Sorry this is long, just felt like updating recent events! Now on to bless Mya this weekend and spend time with lots of family members....fun!!!
Ooops, this pic got left behind! So cute how Mya fell asleep on Daddy!
Ooops, this pic got left behind! So cute how Mya fell asleep on Daddy!
7 comments:
Have you looked into reflux as a cause for her fussiness? It would cause her to scream and arch her back like that.
I have had a few with silent and projectile reflux. It really hurts them to have that come back up, so they cry a lot, and it makes them colicy. I think cutting dairy is a good step. But check labels, you wouldn't believe what has dairy in it. Soy is also a major cause of colic/reflux.
Anyway, I've had my share of sleepless nights.... goodluck
Kelli (Korrie's sister)
Ohhhhhhhh, I'm so sorry! Two difficult stages at once! At least Ava's potty trained, though-- that's awesome. And she will probably stop constipating herself soon once she gets used to things on the potty(Eva started getting REALLY regular about a month after potty training). Good luck-- don't forget it's all temporary, and then it's over.
the good thing about fussy babies (I had two!) is that crying peaks between 3 weeks and 3 months, so after she hits 3 months it will never be that bad again! hang in there!
ahhh.. i love the sister pictures! They are always so sweet of those 2 :)
I commend you on being sane and happy most of the time. I am so scared of a fussy baby because in our house I am the one that does most of the fussing. Poor Gray would pull his hair out with two cranky ladies to deal with!
I love Babywise! Good luck.
I know it doesn't seem like it but this is such a short period when you look back on it. I know that doesn't help right now, but anything I can do please ask!!!!
Post a Comment