This past Saturday we headed over to Multnomah Falls for some good hiking. I haven't hiked up to the top in forever. It's over a mile up and all switchbacks...it gets you breathing! I thought Ava would do fine with all her energy, but she kept saying her legs were tired too. So we swithed off carrying her and did alot of sloooowww walking. But we made it!
At the top, Ava had a blast throwing rocks in the water. Another family came by us and she started playing with there little boy. We found out he was also 3 and also very tall for his age (glad there are others). Then we found out they were from UT and are LDS. We got there number and will be calling them up to have the kids play one of these days.
This is the view looking down the huge waterfall. Beautiful!
Mya @ 5 months:
-Just started veggies on the 28th, not sure about the peas, but ate what I gave her.
-Starting to scream/squeal quite loudly, and it's all because she's happy, not sad. Just a minute ago she was getting really loud and Ava was trying to watch Toy Story. So Ava went and got Mya's binkie and plugged it in!
-Not back to sleeping through the night yet, poor Mom. :( Though she did once last week. Not sure what to do there, since I don't want her to wake Ava as well, so I just go in and re-plug binkie and she's back to sleep.
-Still no rolling over, then again we need to do more tummy time.
-I think in the last 2 weeks she's had a crazy growth spurt, she just seems so much bigger all of a sudden and her 3-6 month clothes aren't so big anymore.
-She's got some hair growing in her bald spot in the back, she may be another blondie with blue eyes. And she's just plain adorable!
And I have some news to report: I last a whole month with no MT DEW!!! That was my 1st of many goals/resolutions for 2011. I want to cut out soda all together, but Mt Dew is really my weakness. I even got Jeremy to go the month without as well, though he wants some for Super Bowl. I did have an orange soda last week, bad me. I'm still deciding what February's goal will be...I'm thinking of cutting out eating after 8 pm and also exercising at least 3 times a week to start. It's all about slow and steady changes to become a healthier me!
4 comments:
We still have your baby carrier! You should of called so you could of put little Mya in it for your hike! Looks like you had a blast!!
You sure have your hands full with those cute girls! Way to go on cutting out the soda! Good luck with not eating after 8. Isn't that when we would normally have ice cream? I miss y'all!
Too freakin cute! Ava is getting so tall and Mya is the cutest chunker!!! Looks like you are all keeping busy. My main weakness is ice cream and tortilla chips...I eat way too much...little by little. Have fun watching the Super Bowl on Sunday! Miss you guys.
I love Multinomah Falls. It's my favorite place to go and it is truly a beautiful site. I love the picture of Mya sleeping on the front of Jer. She is definitely getting her own "look" about her, not quite as much like Ava anymore.
Post a Comment