Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fun, EASY Craft! And other cute pics!

I was blog surfing the other day, just snooping on friends of family members blogs and I landed on a totally fun craft/sewing blog. This lady had a tutorial on how to make cute baby/toddler leggings and it looked so easy, then I thought to myself how I wish I would've found this sooner before I spent $8 plus shipping on a black pair to go with Mya's tutu.

Above if the finished product...but I later made one in just plain white also, after my awesome hubby took apart my sewing machine because I jammed it and then attempted to break it as well.
If any of you have a sewing machine and would like to attempt these,
here is how you do it.
1. Buy some super cute knee-high women's socks (found each pair for $2.50 @ Target)
2. Cut it like I did above, then throw out the heal part and toe part.
3. Fold the remaining foot part in half, you want the inside to remain folded inside.
4. Slide it over the long part of the sock, so that the ends match up all together (the ends that were all cut on). Pin it in place...like the pic below.

5. Sew on the inside of the sock end using a zig-zag sticth.
6. Flip it over and you've got a legging! Takes like 10 minutes to make one pair...
that is my kind of easy!

And to see the finished project on the cutest babe ever....



You work it girl!


Not the easiest to crawl with on wood floors!

And yes...I said crawl. My baby started crawling a week after turning 9 months, about the same EXACT time Ava did...how weird is that? And she's on track to get her 1st tooth about the same time Ava did.



Cute matching shirts from Target that were on Clearance!

I don't match them much, but it's fun sometimes!


My happy lady!

Her 1st smoothie! She kept crawling back for more, it was that good.



Good weather=time to use the swing.


Ava likes to take pics and steal my camera. Had to share this pic she took of herself, funny girl.



And she even managed a good one of Mya and me.

Good times!

Mya's 9 month stats:


19lb 13oz= 66%

28 1/2 inches=79%

Dr was worried about her motor skills and language...but I'm not the least concerned. She started crawling the day after the appt and babbling "mama" over and over again. She keeps trying to pull her self up on things, but only gets half way up. She loves to scoot herself all over the hardwood floor and get into whatever she can. We finally gave up trying to swaddle her and that's been a challenge. But found that she likes to sleep on her belly and stays asleep pretty good that way. Still takes 3 or 4 naps a day. We are close to sleeping through the night again, just re-learning after giving up the swaddling. And we are slowly starting to add in other foods. Apparently I forgot that she can't eat pureed veg/fruits forever, even if it is easier. I just don't want her to grow up...I'm losing my baby already!!! :(

11 comments:

Janell H. said...

The leggings are adorable!! And so comfy for the kid, too. Nothing bunching up around the waist or falling down.

Melissa said...

Trish, you are so crafty! They look great! Maybe they will protect Mya's knees as she is crawling around everywhere!

Shanda said...

Yeah! I wish i I had those when I had crawlers! Maybe for my next one. Too Cute!

Diana said...

Those little leggings are adorable! I love how happy Mya is. I also think you should blow up the self portrait of Ava and hang it in her room...bahaa she is too funny!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

wow very creative! I love their matching shirts!

Tianna said...

Love the leggings. I have a bag of socks I bought about 6 months ago for this exact project. Maybe, just maybe I will have them done this winter!

Jill and Travis said...

What a cute idea! The picture of Mya trying to crawl with a pair on is too funny! And I think doctors just need to relax. They try to conform every kid into the same timeline, which is so silly. Glad you aren't letting them get you worked up! Ava is quite the little photographer, too!

Kari said...

Hey Trish! I just hopped over to your blog from Diana's :) I LOVE little baby leg warmers! Do you think they're too girly for little boys??

Maren B said...

Still taking 3-4 naps a day?! Rock on! I, too, am so glad you are ignoring the doctor's concern and not stressing out. I always feel like they are either too cautious or not cautious enough.

Heather G. said...

Wow! Look at those socks! You are so fun. They look great!

Korrie said...

Do you have the website for the leggings?