Okay, this is my last post about Maui. :(
Now that I'm posting this 5 months later, I'm so ready to go back!
We decided to brave THE ROAD TO HANA! Which even if we return to Maui someday, we will NEVER do again. Lets just call it the road to death, I'm amazed we survived. It's a twisty, curvy two lane road, where some areas it is only one lane for all traffic. And you can't always see if someone is coming around the corner when it's one lane, freaky! The speed limit is around 25 or less, but the natives like to double that and cut around you when it is clearly too dangerous to do so. And Shanda drove it all, so she wouldn't get sick. She did great, even with all the pressure from her lovely co-captain!
Some of the views of the ocean on our drive.
We stopped and took a stroll through some botanical gardens, can't remember all the names of these places, oh well.
And we met a big frog along the way...
See, it is the road to death.
We looked down this cliff and there were two cars at the bottom.
Glad we didn't join them!
Our gang with some Bagrass Trees, also called Painted trees (I think).
This beach had all black sand & rocks.
Jeremy, Brian & Shanda
Right after this picture Brian was taking video of the waves coming up and splashing on the rocks, when all of a sudden a huge wave came up and shot water high into the air and soaked Brian. Haha!
The hubs & I.
I forgot to mention that this is the rain forest side of the island.
It would start misting/sprinkling every time we stopped!
We stopped towards the end of the drive at the Seven Sacred Pools.
Which I read you could swim in, but I guess they were contaminated or something and so we couldn't. Bummer!
Another Banyan tree on our hike.
Headed into the Bamboo forest...
More waterfalls & pools that we couldn't touch.
The guys found a coconut and decided to dissect it...it took them FOREVER!
They had to Youtube how to open the little thing, then when they finally got it, it was nasty tasting.
Probably over ripe. They also stole some sugar cane from the field by our Condo and took that home for the kids. It also was pretty gross.
Last day of playing in the sand. :(
But my pedicure held up pretty well!
Oh I'm so ready to return to paradise!
Thanks again to Mom & Bill for taking great care of my girls so we could
enjoy this much needed vacation!!!!

2 comments:
Oh gosh! That road was killer!! Reading back through all your Maui posts makes me want to go back right now!! It was so much fun! Really cute shots of you and Jeremy, by the way :)
It looks like you all had tons of fun. Maybe someday we can go together!
Post a Comment